Ten Chic Ways to Save Money
Some of these tips are repeats from previous lessons, but it helps to review them again. Here are ten chic ways to save money. Please add your own tips in the comment section below so that you may help others.
- Make your own cleaning products. I am sharing my multi-purpose lavender vinegar recipe in the below video. This recipe is also featured in At Home with Madame Chic. I use this for so many cleaning jobs, including mirrors and windows! I like to switch out the essential oils used based on what season I am in.
- Eat at home as much as you can and bring your lunch with you when you plan to be out of the house. Cook from scratch as much as possible. We often make our own bread and we even make our own yogurt.
- Make your own coffee and tea at home.
- Grow your own food, such as herbs, vegetables and fruits.
- Unsubscribe from all email marketing campaigns that tempt you to spend money.
- Do your beauty treatments at home. You don't actually need as many as you think you do. Perfect the art of the at-home manicure and pedicure. Check out my at-home French manicure tutorial below.
- Stop watching television altogether (or significantly cut down your watch time) and read or listen to books instead. You won't miss your cable bill.
- Exercise at home or in your neighborhood. This blogpost shares my updated at-home fitness routine to give you ideas.
- Drink water. Drop sodas, alcohol and other expensive beverages. Water is truly all you need. Coffee and tea are fine in moderation. Drinking only water saves so much money and is good for your health.
- Start the ten-item wardrobe TODAY. In my Winter 2018 ten-item wardrobe video, which you can watch below, all updates to my wardrobe totaled $250. Not bad!
- Bonus: Pick up a hobby that will take your time away from spending, such as learning to play an instrument or gardening.
Please share your additional tips in the comment section below. We could all use ideas on how to save money.